Minimum Stay-through: hotels can set a policy on minimum stay at any given period (referring to check-in date and check-out date, which must fall within this period).
This feature greatly helps hotels secure better occupancy rates during high season.
Benefits to hotel:
- avoid empty rooms in the middle of high occupancy periods
- maximize room revenue based on market booking history
Study case explanation:
On New Year’s Eve (29th Dec to 2nd Jan), a hotel could avoid empty room on 30th Dec or 1st Jan because it is difficult to sell rooms for only those specific dates.
System solution: apply minimum stay-through of 3 days on the given period (29th Dec to 2nd Jan), meaning a guest cannot make a booking for less than 3 nights during this period. Should guest choose to check in on:
- 27 Dec -> guest must check out on 1 Jan
- 28 Dec -> guest must check out on 1 Jan
- 29 Dec -> guest must check out on 1 Jan
- 30 Dec -> guest must check out on 2 Jan