Room allotments are assigned per market segment (rate tier). First, a hotel categorizes travel agents / corporate clients to a specified rate tier; then, allotted rooms assigned to that particular rate tier will be shared among those who are categorized within it.
Pelican System enables a hotel to maximize allotment utilization by avoiding paper contracts that force hotels to commit themselves to a certain allotment without guaranteed bookings.
Since the reservation is served on "first-come-first-served-basis", no reservation can occur whenever the maximum allotment is used up. The next question is what if there are travel agents / corporate clients who would like to make bookings? The "Insufficient Inventory Report" will note that down and a hotel can take immediate action to accommodate the booking request whenever there are still rooms available. (click here to learn more about the "Insufficient Inventory Report")
Benefits to hotel:
- no commitment on allotment given to any particular travel agent / corporate client.
- reduce opportunity costs (opportunities to sell rooms).
- maximize room allotment utility.
- maximize occupancy rates.
- ability to monitor travel agent / corporate client productivity.
Benefit to travel agents /corporate clients:
- equal opportunity to make bookings according to production.